Friday, June 27, 2008

Watch out for that last step......

Last night I (Sheri) was coming downstairs in the dark. I thought that I was on the bottom step, but I guess that I wasn't! When I stepped out into the room I was really 2 steps up. I landed on the side of my foot (left one) and immediately fell to the floor in pain. (Morgan was in the shower and didn't hear me yelping.) After a not so pleasant night of elevating, icing & Tylenol I decided I should probably go in for some xrays this morning. The not so good news is that I have broken 2 bones in my foot. Dr. Eric Lokken (who is from Bottineau & was on our HIT team this year) consulted with the orthopedic doctor and it was determined that I should wear an orthopedic shoe for 3 weeks and then come back for more xrays. Right now I cannot walk on the shoe without crutches. My foot is purple where the bones are broken, but there isn't much swelling. The shoe is quite lovely but I am just thankful that I am not sporting an itchy, stinky cast for the next month!

4 comments:

Auntie said...

What a BUMMER!!! Sorry to hear about your expected gimpiness. Maybe you should leave that little light on your curio cabinet on from now on...
Heal fast!!

Kay Borowski said...

Oh, man, I'm so sorry, Sheri. What a bummer. It does not sound like fun at all. We will pray for good healing. Use this as an excuse to relax a little and elevate that foot! I know... you'd rather keep busy and not be hurting.

Pat said...

Lights, camera, action!!! Well in this case it was NO lights and not much fun in the action. Take care of yourself and maybe Cinderella will help you out if you whine enough :).

Love,
Mom

The Fyllings said...

No whining necessary - my sweet little Cindy has been taking good care of me, the dog & the house!