Monday, November 16, 2009

How Old Do They Have to Be Before A Mom Stops Worrying?!?!?

Jordan's college football years are over.  He was fortunate to not have any major injuries during his football career.  I thought that my years of worrying about him getting injured were over.  Those of you who know Jordan know better!!  Of course he can't just settle down and participate in a safe sport that has little to no physical contact like golf, or table tennis....NO.....he is now into grappling, karate & fighting!

I don't know much about any of these sports.  (He probably feels the less I know the better.)  Here are a few photos Brittany took of a grappling tournament that he was in about a month ago.  Jordan took 1st place in his weight class.






I understand you wrestle until someone "taps out". 
He said the object is to tap out before something breaks....good grief!!

Jordan also has his orange belt in karate. 

I just found out yesterday that he is now training to fight in a ring. 
Sorry, son....I won't be going to watch you do that any time soon!!!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

And now he is getting my little Timmy into this craziness!!!! I believe they are together in Valley at the gym right now. :(

Pat said...

Always some suprises with all of the grandsons!

I went to one high school wrestling match and was tense the entire time and it wasn't even people I knew that well!

Have fun with the sport - just take care of yourself little Jordan!

Auntie said...

Boyz, stay out of the UFC! I can hardly watch that barbaric beating fest--although Jamie and the boys love it! Ugh! Makes me cringe to think of it. Besides, you may get "Cauliflower ear"--very unattractive!